Come and join us to make reusable shopping bags!
No sewing experience necessary!
Help our Sustainable Tallahassee Rags 2 Bags Team save our world - one bag at a time!
We invite you to join us for good company and the chance to become part of the fun and funky reusable bag movement.
If you're a novice, we'll teach you how to sew a basic fabric bag with braided handles (the hallmark of these bags).
If you're an experienced sewer you can jump right into bag production.
The bags are made from donated fabric, and the completed bags are given away to encourage recipients to give up single-use plastic bags. Why?
To reduce the use of fossil fuels!
To reduce plastic bag injuries for marine life!
To keep trash out of our environment!
When? Every Thursday afternoon, from 1 pm to 4 pm (except holidays).
Donations Please! We are in continual need for:
Donation drop off locations are:
- Bag-appropriate fabric for our main give-away shopping bags
- Used (clean) t-shirts no longer needed that we'll make into produce bags for the Manna food bank
- Sewing machines and sewing supplies
- The Community Thrift Market (North Monroe across from Brueggers Bagels)
- The Sharing Tree, 218 East 3rd Avenue
- LeMoyne Center for the Visual Arts, 125 North Gadsden Street
- First Presbyterian Church office, 110 North Adams Street
- Faith Presbyterian Church office, corner of John Knox and Meridian Road
Donations that are dropped off should be clearly designated as being for R2B to avoid being mixed in with other donations being given to these entities.
For questions, Peggy Stanford, Sustainable Tallahassee board member and chair of our Rags 2 Bags Team: r2b@SustainableTallahassee.org.
Directions to Manna Cottage: Faith Presbyterian Church is at the corner of John Knox and Meridian Road. Enter from John Knox, follow signs to the church office. The cottage is right across from the church office.